Android Application Developer
What is Android?
Android is an open source project of the Open Handset Alliance that is looking to revolutionize the user experience of a mobile device. With Android, it is a fact that mobile devices will have more user-friendly applications than ever before and putting the internet in the handsets of many, many people around the world. The biggest advantage is that the success of Android depends on the availability of unique and engaging user applications created by developers just like you. Practically anyone can contribute applications to the Android community, making it more possible for the world to experience your innovative ideas.
Our retail training program is aimed at helping learners create applications using Google's Android™ open-source platform. The course explains what Android™ is and how it compares to other mobile environments, the setup of the Android™ Eclipse-based development tools, the Android™ SDK, all essential features, as well as the advanced capabilities and APIs such as background services, accelerometers, graphics, and GPS.
This complete hands-on course encourages students to learn by building increasingly more sophisticated and meaningful mobile applications for Android™ phones.
By the end of the course, each participant will build their own complete Android™ application incorporating most of the key aspects of the platform.
Our Android program completely involves the learners in the Android platform, allowing them to walk away fully ready to build Android applications. Our Android program includes the absolute basics required to help learners understand the very core of Android application development. If you have some prior application development expertise, you may benefit from grasping concepts even more easily. Upon completion of our Android program, the learner will be proficient in every aspect of the Android platform beginning with base kernel right up to building end-user Android applications.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Build your own Android apps
• Explain the differences between Android™ and other mobile development environments
• Understand how Android™ applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources
• Design and develop useful Android™ applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating your own layouts and Views and using Menus.
• Take advantage of Android's APIs for data storage, retrieval, user preferences, files, databases, and content providers
• Tap into location-based services, geo-coder, compass sensors, and create rich map-based applications
• Utilize the power of background services, threads, and notifications.
• Use Android's communication APIs for SMS, telephony, network management, and internet resources (HTTP).
• Secure, tune, package, and deploy Android™ applications
If you are an Engineering/Science Graduate (Mathematics/Physics) or an MCA with working knowledge of C and Operating Systems, you will benefit from our Android program.
This course is designed for software developers interested in designing, creating, deploying, and testing applications for the Android™ mobile phone platform. It is valuable to both novices and gurus, who already have experience in developing mobile applications for other platforms.
Java experience is required to get the most benefit from this training.